The third edition of the Maxence Larrieu International Flute Competition took place from October 23rd to 31st, 2015 at the “Conservatoire National à Rayonnement Régional Pierre Cochereau” in Nice.
The jury, presided over by Maxence Larrieu, consisted of:
Silvia Careddu – Italy,
Sanqing Chen – China,
Jürgen Franz – Germany,
Patrick Gallois – France,
Michel Moraguès – France,
Ana Maria Ribeiro – Portugal,
Rogerio Wolf – Brazil.
Program of the 3rd Maxence Larrieu International Flute Competition
1) J.S. Bach: Partita in A minor: Sarabande
2) L. Lorenzo: 14th Caprice: 18 Caprices (Non plus ultra del flautista)
3) J. Rivier: Les oiseaux tendres
4) G.C. Luypaerts: Partita: Volutes et Chimères
1) C.P.E. Bach: Hamburger Sonata
2) F. Schubert: Theme and Variations Trockne Blumen 1,3,5,7 without repeat or
S. Karg-Elert: Sinfonische Kanzone
3) One piece of choice among the three:
B. Ferneyhough, Cassandra’s Dream Song for solo flute
H. Holliger, (T)air(e) for solo flute
P. Hurel, Éolia for solo flute
T. Takemitsu, Voice
1) C.M. Weber: Fantasy on “Der Freischütz”
2) P. Sancan: Sonatine or H. Dutilleux: Sonatine
3) A. Ghidoni, Jazzy Flute Challenge (commissioned for the 3rd Larrieu International Competition)
1) W.A. Mozart: Concerto in D Major
2) J.A. De Zeegant Concerto: for flute and orchestra (commissioned for the 3rd Larrieu Competition)
The laureates were accompanied during the final by the “Orchestre Philharmonique de Nice”, conducted by Olivier Tardy.
Denizcan Eren is currently the 2nd flute at the NDR Elb Philharmonie Orchestra in Hamburg, Yaeram Park is the principal flute at the “Orchestre Symphonique de La Monnaie de Bruxelles”, Chloé Dufossez is the principal flute at the “Orchestre-Opéra de Montpellier”, and Yeojin Han is the principal flute at the NDR Elb Philharmonie Orchestra in Hamburg.
1st Maxence Larrieu Grand Prize
2nd Grand Prize
3rd Grand Prize
4th Grand Prize, Young Hope Prize, and Best Interpretation Prize for Ghidoni's work